About Halo Laser
Have you noticed your skin losing its natural glow? Get it back with Halo®, the world's first Hybrid Fractional Laser.
This revolutionary laser treatment in Orlando, Florida restores skin luminosity, treats sun damage, smooths texture, and reduces pore size all in one treatment. Ready for the best part? Our laser treatment in Orlando's hybrid technology means that you'll get great results with less downtime than traditional laser treatments.
What Halo Laser Treats
- Dull skin
- Poor skin texture
- Large pores
- Sun damage
- Fine lines
- Crepey skin
- Acne scars
- Sagging skin
Know Before You Go
Everything you need to know before, during, and after your appointment at Affinity Med Spa.
01. Before Your Appointment
- We require a pretreatment or “pre-op” appointment at least one week prior to your laser treatment in Orlando. In this free visit, we discuss your goals for treatment, expected downtime, and prescribe any medications if needed. All pre-op appointments are performed by our Licensed Physician Assistant and are always free.
- Our Halo laser treatment is safe for all skin types. For darker skin types (Fitzpatrick IV – VII) we may prescribe you a lightening cream to use for about 2 weeks prior to your treatment. This will help reduce the possibility of hyperpigmentation after treatment.
- You should avoid sun exposure for about 4 weeks before your laser treatment in Orlando. You can reduce your sun exposure by wearing hats and using a mineral-based sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Always make sure to re-apply sunscreen throughout the day.
- While there is less downtime involved with the Halo laser treatment vs. traditional laser treatments, you still may want to take a few days off after treatment. You can think of it as “social” downtime: You will resume your normal activities immediately, but you may want to wait to go out with friends or attend a big work event until you’ve completely healed.
- We recommend using Alastin Skin Nectar for 2 weeks prior to your laser treatment. This product will boost collagen production and help you achieve optimal results.
- If you have ever gotten a cold sore (HSV) in the area being treated, please let us know at least a week before your appointment so we can prescribe an antiviral medication.
02. During Your Appointment
- You should arrive about an hour before your scheduled treatment in Orlando so you can get numbed. A licensed professional will apply a prescription-strength numbing cream to the area being treated to ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible.
- If possible, please arrive for your treatment with clean skin. You may arrive early for your appointment to remove makeup or facial products if necessary.
- Since you will be numb before your laser treatment in Orlando begins, it may hurt less than you’d expect. Many clients find it very easy to tolerate.
- We will give you detailed home care instructions on the day of your treatment. Please plan on purchasing a gentle cleanser and moisturizer for use at home. We highly recommend Alastin Skincare after your Halo laser treatment, which you can purchase at Affinity.
03. After Your Appointment
What to expect after your Halo laser treatment:
- Feeling of warmth: The treated area may feel warm for 1-2 hours after your treatment and may continue for up to 24 hours. This sensation should decrease in intensity by about 25% every 30 minutes.
- Redness (Erythema): Redness is normal and expected. Redness generally increases in intensity for the first few days after treatment, with day 3 usually being the most intense.
- MENDs: Microscopic epidermal necrotic debris, also known as MENDs, will appear on the 2nd or 3rd day after your laser treatment in Orlando. They look like tiny dark spots and can give a bronzed appearance to the treated area. MENDs are a normal part of the healing process. During this time, your skin will be very dry and will feel a bit like sandpaper. Our clients like to refer to MENDs as “coffee grounds” since they look similar.
What to avoid after your Halo laser treatment:
- You should avoid sun exposure for about 8 weeks after your Halo laser treatment in Orlando. You can reduce your sun exposure by wearing hats and using a mineral-based sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Always make sure to re-apply sunscreen throughout the day.
- When showering, avoid getting shampoo directly on the treated area.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating until after the treated area has healed.
- DO NOT rub or exfoliate for at least 7 days after treatment. Avoid washcloths, loofahs, Clarisonic devices, and/or any other scrubbing.
- Avoid scratching and itching, as scarring and pigmentation complications can occur.
What should I do if I am uncomfortable after my Halo laser treatment?
- Cold compresses can help ease discomfort. Also, a mineral water spray can help provide relief and much needed moisture to the skin.
- For general post-treatment discomfort, you may use oral pain relievers like Tylenol.
- If the treated area is itchy, you may use an oral antihistamine like Benadryl. Please be aware that oral antihistamines may make you drowsy.
- If you experience any signs of infection such as drainage, increased warmth, fever, or extreme itching, please contact us immediately.
How it works
Fully Customizable Dual-Wavelength Technology
The Halo Hybrid Fractional laser uses two laser wavelengths to target specific areas of concern. The ablative wavelength resurfaces the top layers of the skin to treat texture, pore size, fine lines, and wrinkles. The non-ablative wavelength reaches deep under the surface of the skin to boost collagen production and target hidden sun damage. This advanced laser treatment in Orlando is one the cutting-edge of industry technology.
Visit Our Med Spa
779 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32828
Sat: By Appointment Only
About Affinity Med Spa & Wellness Center
Affinity Med Spa and Wellness Center is an award-winning, family-owned and operated business that has been serving the East Orlando community for over 20 years.
We offer safe, industry-leading wellness and aesthetic treatments performed by friendly, caring, and experienced licensed professionals.
Sheree Jackson, NP-C is a skilled clinician. She provided high quality service with minimal discomfort. She listened to my concerns and provided feedback which helped guide my decision pertaining to treatment. I highly recommend her.
Sheree is awesome! Patient, attentive and explained different options for my skin care needs. Will definitely be back!
Sheree was thorough and detailed. Angela and staff are always so welcoming and kind. I recommend it anytime I am in conversation with friends. Nice and local too. Dr. Baldasare is awesome there too.
Awards & Recognition
As Seen In...