About Forever Young BBL Light Therapy
This revolutionary light therapy in Orlando, Florida is the perfect way to maintain the beautiful results you achieved with Forever Young BBL™.
Forever Young BBL uses broadband light (BBL) therapy to keep redness and brown spots in check while delivering serious anti-aging benefits. This treatment uses light energy to stimulate collagen and elastin production, resulting in smoother, younger-looking skin for years to come.
What Forever Young BBL Treats
Signs of aging, like:
- Fine lines
- Sagging skin
Maintains results from BBL Corrective, reducing:
- Brown spots
Know Before You Go
Everything you need to know before, during, and after your appointment at Affinity Med Spa.
01. Before Your Appointment
- Forever Young BBL light therapy in Orlando is a routine maintenance treatment that should be performed about 4 times a year, after your initial BBL treatment plan is complete. If you have never had a BBL treatment before, you must start with BBL Corrective.
- You should avoid sun exposure or spray tan for about 4 weeks before your BBL treatment. You can reduce your sun exposure by wearing hats and using a mineral-based sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Always make sure to re-apply your sunscreen throughout the day.
- Several common medications, including some oral antibiotics, can make your skin more sensitive to the sun. If you are on any prescription medications, please let us know before scheduling your BBL light therapy in Orlando; we will want to make sure they don’t cause photosensitivity.
- If you have ever gotten a cold sore (HSV) in the area being treated, please let us know at least a week before your appointment so we can prescribe an antiviral medication.
This treatment may not be ideal for everyone. You may not be a candidate for BBL if:
- You have epilepsy
- You are pregnant
- You have an autoimmune disease
- You have uncontrolled diabetes
If you have any other medical conditions that may affect your ability to heal after treatment, we recommend speaking to your primary care provider before scheduling BBL light therapy in Orlando.
02. During Your Appointment
- If possible, please arrive for your treatment with clean skin. You may arrive early for your appointment to remove any makeup or facial products if necessary.
- While everyone’s pain tolerance is different, most of our clients say light therapy hurts much less than expected! If you have any redness that needs to be spot-treated, you may experience what we like to call a “spicy” feeling that feels like a tiny rubber band snap.
- Unlike traditional IPL treatments, our BBL light therapy device has a built-in cooling system to help keep your treatment as comfortable as possible.
- The treated area will feel warm for about an hour after treatment. Your skin may be more sensitive to heat for the first 48 hours.
03. After Your Appointment
What to expect after your Forever Young BBL light therapy in Orlando:
- Your skin may appear red and swollen and feel like you have a mild sunburn. This is a normal reaction that can last from a few hours to a few days after treatment.
- Freckles and sunspots may turn slightly darker after treatment and will flake off in 7 to 14 days. This is a normal and desired reaction to treatment.
- You may experience redness (erythema) and swelling around treated blood vessels. They typically will appear lighter, smudgy, and less defined. This is normal.
What to avoid after your Forever Young BBL treatment:
- Avoid washcloths, loofahs, Clarisonic devices, and/or any other excessive scrubbing until all brown spots have sloughed off
- Avoid the use of scented soaps or lotions, exfoliant creams like Retin-A, Glycolic or Salicylic acids, Alpha-Hydroxy acids, and acne creams or gels.
- DO NOT scratch or pick at the skin.
- Avoid very hot or very cold water. Warm water is best.
- Avoid shaving in the treated area for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid swimming pools or spas treated with multiple chemicals or chlorine for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid ALL sun exposure for a minimum of 7-14 days after treatment. Ideally, avoid sun exposure for about 4 weeks after your BBL treatment. You can reduce your sun exposure by wearing hats and using a mineral-based sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Always make sure to re-apply your sunscreen throughout the day.
What should I do if I am uncomfortable after Forever Young BBL light therapy?
- A cold compress or ice pack can help cool the area if it is especially warm after treatment. Clients rarely need this, but may be helpful up to 4 hours after treatment.
- Vitamin E or Aloe Vera may be applied to the treatment area to help relieve discomfort.
- If you are very uncomfortable, you may use oral pain relievers like Tylenol or Advil.
Makeup can be applied directly after treatment as long as the skin is intact and there are no signs of blistering.
How it works
Stop the Clock on Aging Skin
BBL light therapy in Orlando, Florida is the most powerful form of IPL on the market. Intense Pulsed Light treatments (IPL), like BBL, use energy from light and heat to penetrate the skin and target problem areas like brown spots and redness. Unlike regular IPL devices, regular BBL treatments can actually change the gene expression of the skin. This change boosts your skin’s natural ability to heal, causing it to look and act much younger than it is.
Visit Our Med Spa
779 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32828
Sat: By Appointment Only
About Affinity Med Spa & Wellness Center
Affinity Med Spa and Wellness Center is an award-winning, family-owned and operated business that has been serving the East Orlando community for over 20 years.
We offer safe, industry-leading wellness and aesthetic treatments performed by friendly, caring, and experienced licensed professionals.
The customer service, the knowledgeable staff, the personal care you guys provide to each and every individual who walks through the door is unbelievable. I want to thank you for the amazing treatment you always provide me.
The experience is great from booking to the end of your service. great massage and facial treatments. Staff is very professional and only "sell" you what you really need/what is good for you. Will be coming back, thanks!
I had my first visit this Friday and I will definitely be back! All of the staff was so kind and welcoming and made me feel very comfortable! Looking forward to returning and trying out some of the other services that they offer! Highly recommend!