About SkinTyte II
SkinTyte II™ is an effective non-surgical option to help firm and tighten loose skin on the face or body.
SkinTyte II is an effective non-surgical option to help firm and tighten loose skin on the face or body. This type of skin tightening in Orlando, Florida uses heat energy to stimulate collagen and elastin production, which will improve tightness and reduce the severity of sagging skin. This treatment is an excellent choice to pair with BBL™ Corrective or Microneedling with RF for even better results.
What SkinTyte II Treats
- Sagging skin
- Loose skin
- Loss of elasticity or collagen
- Signs of aging
Know Before You Go
Everything you need to know before, during, and after your appointment at Affinity Med Spa.
01. Before Your Appointment
- You should avoid sun exposure or spray tan in the area being treated for about 4 weeks before your skin tightening in Orlando. You can reduce your sun exposure by wearing hats and using a mineral-based sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Always make sure to re-apply sunscreen throughout the day.
- Several common medications, including some oral antibiotics, can make your skin more sensitive to light. If you are on any prescription medications, please let us know before scheduling your SkinTyte treatment so we can make sure they won’t cause photosensitivity.
- If you have ever gotten a cold sore (HSV) in the area being treated, please let us know at least a week before your appointment so we can prescribe an antiviral medication.
There are several contraindications for this treatment. You may not be a candidate for skin tightening treatments if:
- You have epilepsy
- You are pregnant
- You have an autoimmune disease
- You have uncontrolled diabetes
If you have any other medical conditions that may affect your ability to heal after treatment, we recommend speaking to your primary care provider before scheduling skin tightening in Orlando.
02. During Your Appointment
So, does SkinTyte hurt? While everyone’s pain tolerance is different, most of our clients say it is comfortable. Since SkinTyte is a heat-based device, your skin will feel warm during treatment.
- Redness usually occurs during treatment and is normal.
- Unlike traditional IPL treatments, our SkinTyte device has a built-in cooling system to help keep your treatment as comfortable as possible.
- The treated area will feel warm for about an hour after your skin tightening.
03. After Your Appointment
What to expect after your SkinTyte treatment:
- Your skin may appear red and swollen and feel like you have a mild sunburn. This is a normal reaction that can last from a few hours to a few days after treatment.
What to avoid after your SkinTyte treatment:
- Avoid the use of scented soaps or lotions, exfoliant creams like Retin-A, glycolic or salicylic acids, alpha-hydroxy acids, and acne creams or gels.
- Avoid washcloths, loofahs, Clarisonic devices, and/or any other excessive scrubbing for at least 48 hours after treatment.
- DO NOT scratch or pick at the skin.
- Avoid very hot or very cold water. Warm water is best.
- Avoid shaving in the treated area for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid swimming pools or spas treated with multiple chemicals or chlorine for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid ALL sun exposure for a minimum of 7-14 days after treatment. Ideally, avoid sun exposure for about 4 weeks after your skin tightening in Orlando. You can reduce your sun exposure by wearing hats and using a mineral-based sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Always make sure to re-apply sunscreen throughout the day.
What should I do if I am uncomfortable after my SkinTyte treatment?
- A cold compress or ice pack can help cool the area if it is especially warm after treatment. Clients rarely need this, but may be helpful up to 4 hours after treatment.
- You may apply vitamin E or aloe vera to the treatment area to help relieve discomfort.
- If you are very uncomfortable, you may use oral pain relievers like Tylenol or Advil.
Makeup can be applied directly after treatment as long as the skin is intact and there are no signs of blistering.
How it works
Treat Any Area for a More Youthful Appearance
SkinTyte II uses thermal energy, or heat, to boost collagen production under the surface of the skin. A cooling feature keeps the surface of the skin comfortable during treatment, allowing more heat to pass through to the target area. Over a series of skin tightening treatments, your body’s boosted collagen levels help firm and tighten loose, sagging skin for a more youthful appearance.
Visit Our Med Spa
779 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32828
Sat: By Appointment Only
About Affinity Med Spa & Wellness Center
Affinity Med Spa and Wellness Center is an award-winning, family-owned and operated business that has been serving the East Orlando community for over 20 years.
We offer safe, industry-leading wellness and aesthetic treatments performed by friendly, caring, and experienced licensed professionals.
The customer service has always been above and beyond.
Angela and the staff are always warm and welcoming. Affinity has the newest technology and techniques in each area of the spa. I always come out feeling better or looking better than when I went in.
The staff is very warm and welcoming. They make you feel at ease and they are confident in their skills.