About Forever Bare BBL
Eliminate unwanted hair for good with Forever Bare BBL™ laser hair removal in Orlando.
This light-based hair removal treatment is gentler and more effective than traditional laser hair removal. Forever Bare BBL can also give your skin a bit of an anti-aging boost, since it's performed with BBL technology. Treat any area of unwanted hair on the face or body, like the chin, upper lip, legs, underarms, chest, and more.
What Laser Hair Removal Treats
- Upper lip
- Bikini line
Know Before You Go
Everything you need to know before, during, and after your appointment at Affinity Med Spa.
01. Before Your Appointment
- You should avoid sun exposure or spray tan for about 4 weeks before your laser hair removal in Orlando. You can reduce your sun exposure by wearing hats, covering your skin, and using a mineral-based sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Always make sure to re-apply your sunscreen throughout the day.
- Several common medications, including some oral antibiotics, can make your skin more sensitive to light. If you are on any prescription medications, please let us know before scheduling your laser hair removal treatment so we can make sure they won’t cause photosensitivity.
- If you have ever gotten a cold sore (HSV) in the area being treated, please let us know at least a week before your appointment so we can prescribe you an antiviral medication.
There are several contraindications for laser hair removal in Orlando. You may not be a candidate for BBL if:
- You have epilepsy
- You are pregnant
- You have an autoimmune disease
- You have uncontrolled diabetes
If you have any other medical conditions that may affect your ability to heal after laser hair removal, we recommend speaking to your primary care provider before scheduling an appointment.
02. During Your Appointment
So, does laser hair removal hurt? While everyone’s pain tolerance is different, most of our clients say it hurt much less than expected! We think the treatment feels like little rubber band snaps.
- Redness usually occurs during treatment and is normal.
- Unlike traditional IPL treatments, our BBL device has a built-in cooling system to help keep laser hair removal in Orlando as comfortable as possible.
- The treated area will feel warm for about an hour after treatment. This sensation is like having a very mild sunburn.
03. After Your Appointment
What to expect after your Forever Bare BBL treatment:
- Your skin may appear red and swollen and feel like you have a mild sunburn. This is a normal reaction that can last from a few hours to a few days after treatment.
- You may experience redness (erythema) and swelling around treated hair follicles. This is normal.
- Hair in the treated area may continue to look like it is growing for a few weeks after treatment. While the hair follicle has been destroyed, existing hair that is under the skin will still need to come to the surface. This is normal and the hair should fall out in a few weeks.
What to avoid after your laser hair removal:
- Avoid the use of scented soaps or lotions, exfoliant creams like Retin-A, Glycolic or Salicylic acids, Alpha-Hydroxy acids, and acne creams or gels.
- Avoid washcloths, loofahs, Clairisonic devices, and/or any other excessive scrubbing for at least 48 hours after your laser hair removal in Orlando.
- DO NOT scratch or pick at the skin.
- Avoid very hot or very cold water. Warm water is best.
- Avoid shaving in the treated area for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid swimming pools or spas treated with multiple chemicals or chlorine for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid ALL sun exposure for a minimum of 7-14 days after treatment. Ideally, avoid sun exposure for about 4 weeks after your BBL treatment. You can reduce your sun exposure by wearing hats and using a mineral-based sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Always make sure to re-apply your sunscreen throughout the day.
What should I do if I am uncomfortable after my Forever Bare BBL treatment?
- A cold compress or ice pack can help cool the area if it is especially warm after treatment. This is rarely needed, but may be helpful up to 4 hours after treatment.
- Vitamin E or Aloe Vera may be applied to the treatment area to help relieve discomfort.
- If you are very uncomfortable, oral pain relievers like Tylenol or Advil may be used
Makeup can be applied directly after treatment as long as the skin is intact and there are no signs of blistering.
How it works
A Safe and Comfortable Alternative to Laser Hair Removal
BroadBand Light, or BBL, is the most powerful form of IPL on the market. Intense Pulsed Light treatments like BBL use energy from light to penetrate the skin and target unwanted hair at the source. Over a series of treatments, our Forever Bare BBL laser hair removal treatment targets and destroys hair follicles under the surface of the skin, providing a permanent reduction in unwanted hair.
Visit Our Med Spa
779 N Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32828
Sat: By Appointment Only
About Affinity Med Spa & Wellness Center
Affinity Med Spa and Wellness Center is an award-winning, family-owned and operated business that has been serving the East Orlando community for over 20 years.
We offer safe, industry-leading wellness and aesthetic treatments performed by friendly, caring, and experienced licensed professionals.
Appointment setup online was easy, my appointment was confirmed by someone within minutes, the esthetician (Karen) was friendly, informative, listened, and provided exactly what I requested. Overall great experience! I'll be back!
The experience is great from booking to the end of your service. Great massage and facial treatments. Staff is very professional and only "sell" you what you really need/what is good for you. Will be coming back, thanks!
Everyone at the spa is so friendly and knowledgeable, it's always sparkling clean and I'm very happy with the results of all my treatments.
Awards & Recognition